You’re not alone if you’ve recently noticed that dog dry skin is becoming a problem. Whether it’s summer or winter the air conditions may be affecting your dogs skin and causing it to become dry. Fortunately for dog owners there are ways to prevent dog dry skin and ways to treat dry skin on dogs.
You’ll notice dry skin on dogs when they’re continually scratching their skin because the skin will become flaky. This may be due to dog allergies or parasites, below is some of the basic information about the causes of dog dry skin.
Causes of Dry Skin on Dogs: Dog Dry Skin Can be from Sensitive Skin
Just like humans, dogs can have dry skin due to sensitivity. If your dogs immune system is compromised for any reason they might be vulnerable to skin infections. If it’s an infection you’ll noticed irritated red spots on your dogs dry skin and it will look scaly or flaky. When there is dry skin on dogs they’ll unintentionally make it worse by scratching, licking and nibbling the affected area.
Potential Causes of Dry Skin on Dogs:
- Shedding: Your dog may have spotty or patchy areas of hair loss when itching the dry skin.
- Scabs: Your dog may have had a scrape, cut or pimple that turned into a scab. These scabs can cause your dog skin to itch.
- Pimples: These are red bumps on your dogs skin that cause irritation and an itching sensation. Canine acne can causes dry skin if your dog tends to itch their acne often.
- Red Skin: Redness is caused by inflammation and if your dog has dry skin than it may look red and inflamed.
- Odor: Dry Skin on Dogs can sometimes have an off odor. If it is a bacterial or yeast infection you’ll notice a bad odor.
- Itching: If your dog is continuously itching it’s a sign that they’re dealing with dry skin.
- Dandruff: If you notice white flakes all over your dogs hair then that’s a sign of flaky skin and dandruff.
How to Treat Dry Skin on Dogs? Tips on Managing Dog Dry Skin and Natural Treatments
One of the most important things that can help treat and manage your dogs dry skin is a dietary solution. Your dog needs a raw diet packed with nutrients and oils to improve health and dry skin. The fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants will help keep your dogs skin healthy.
Managing Dogs Dry Skin:
- Brushing your dogs hair daily
- Bathing your dog on time
- Using a dry shampoo to sooth dogs dry skin
Home Remedies for Dry Skin in Dogs:
- Fish Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Vitamin E
How to Treat Dry Skin on Dogs with CBD Oil?
CBD oil contains Cannabinoids which are the main compounds that helps your dogs body activate endocannabinoid receptors. When these receptors are activated they help restore balance in the body. One example is that when CBD enters your dogs body it activate 5-HT1A which is a serotonin receptor in the brain.
CBD Oil for Dogs helps with inflammation and can lower redness. This will help ease the pain and affected area. CBD oil for dogs will also help your dog calm down which will make them lose focus on the sensation of itching dry skin.
Organic CBD Oil Benefits
CBD oil is a natural supplement that provides our anti-inflammatory properties that help control the pain of our dogs. It is used widely as a CBD Pet Tincture or Topical treatment. It helps calm down your dog while relieve joint pain, hip pain and arthritis.
- CBD Oil Helps
- Maintain a Normal Inflammatory response
- Ease Aches and Discomfort
- Enhance Brain Function
- Appetite Inducer
CBD oil is non-toxic safe supplement that has virtually no side effects.
Where to Buy CBD Oil for Dogs and Cats?
When finding a company that produces and sells CBD Oil for pets, you’ll need to make sure you understand where the CBD comes from. If you want to purchase CBD Oil for your pets due to the health benefits for your dogs or cats then you’ll want to consider the following
- Pets Age
These 3 factors play a big role in understanding the serving size of CBD Oil for your pets. While nothing life threatening will happen if you were to give a higher dose than needed, you’ll notice your pet will possibly fall asleep. However, there is nothing to worry about they’ll be dreaming and will awaken after a while.
Buying CBD oil for your pet is an exciting step to help calm your dog or cat by reducing symptoms like anxiety, and seizures. Paws Elite CBD Oil is crafted with care, and our CBD oil tinctures provide CBD, CBC, CBG, and other beneficial compounds that produce a full spectrum extract full of quality for your cat or dog. Find your product here